Bark is a fast-growing online service marketplace. We’re experiencing hockey-stick growth, have over 1,000,000 customers and are profitable and cash generative.
We use cutting-edge technology and an extraordinarily talented team of people to solve an age old problem – how to find the best available professional for any job, every time no matter what the need.
Bark is a dynamic, exciting early stage business but with the financial security of an established business - so you get all the benefits of working in a startup environment (ownership, agility, responsibility and stimulation) without any of the worry.
The Bark Team is looking for a hands-on Product Manager. You’ll help shape our software strategy and drive engineering features based on the vision. As an early stage company, we are looking for someone who is comfortable wearing multiple hats to ensure our product is a success. The right candidate is an analytical product-oriented person who is entrepreneurial and comfortable with everything from building wireframes to writing specs to data analysis to project management to creating press-ready product marketing materials.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical and resourceful with a knack for identifying and translating business requirements into engineering ready specifications. A passion for owing the product, quality and experience is a must.
· Have Vision: Work with CEO to define our next set of features. This includes writing specs and user stories, creating wireframes, prototypes, test plans, and release checklists. Communicate functionality and incorporate feedback. Measure everything and iterate. Create high-fidelity design mocks to illustrate potential new features. Maintain product backlog and execute on product go-to-market plan.
· Constantly Review: Identify, specify and monitor critical business metrics daily via a variety of tools, and SQL Queries and propose changes/features to improve metrics. Work closely with support team to identify product bugs, run experiments/tests to identify potential root causes, and work with our Director of Engineering to prioritize bug fixes into the weekly sprints.
· Demand Quality: Create test plans for each aspect of the product. Be responsible for testing product for all user scenarios prior to shipping. Identify and log bugs and prioritize them. Work with in house stakeholders and QA to ensure robust testing.
· Manage Timelines: Project manage the team and ensure on-time delivery. Work with our Director of Eng to create project timelines, prioritize weekly sprints and lead weekly demos of functionality to monitor schedule. Manage the daily workflow with a team of engineers and designers. Do whatever the team needs to help them keep moving.
· Own The Roadmap: Manage roadmap and feature Prioritization. Work with the CEO to create and maintain our roadmap and milestones and product prioritization.
· Conduct Experiments: Use A/B/C Testing to prove or disprove product ideas. Monitor and measure success metrics after any feature is launched. Incorporate feedback into product development process. Run data-driven experiments, usability studies and analysis to inform product direction. Evaluate tools that can help with testing and provide recommendations. Lead implementation/integration process of any tools chosen.
· Become The Product Expert: Work with CEO to become domain expert on the product business logic and algorithms. Be able to answer questions from developers, clarify requirements, etc
· Be Organized: Bring organization, structure, and process to our small team!
· Degree in a technical or analytical field
· 3+ years of consumer or SMB (high user volume) facing software product management experience
· Strong leadership & organisation skills - proven ability to hold teams accountable to timelines
· Experience working directly with developers and owning story quality
· Experience working on iOS and/or Android applications as well as web
· Proven record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Ability to create, implement, and adhere to process - and convince others to do the same
· Passion for the mobile space, in particular marketplace applications
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to backup assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas
· Experience managing UX consultants and/or creating wireframes
· Agile project management experience is an asset
· Above-average design skills, ability to create high-fidelity screens in Photoshop or Sketch that engineers can use
· Business quality written and communication skills
It's a great time to join Bark - we have found product market fit, a successful business model, and have built out the necessary tools to scale. We’re looking for hungry, smart individuals to take on huge areas of responsibility in the company and the potential to grow with us.